Adult dating in waynetown indiana
Nucor Steel, Alcoa CSI, Raybestos Products Company, Pace Dairy Foods, and Random House have all created factories in or near Crawfordsville which provided employment to much of the population.Manpower has taken over as the primary employer in the city and has allowed most of the local companies to reduce employees.
In 1821, William and Jennie Offield had built a cabin on a little creek, later to be known as Offield Creek, four miles southwest of the future site of Crawfordsville. Crawfordsville was named in honor of Colonel William H.On December 18, 1833, the Crawfordsville Record carried a paid announcement of the opening of this school.Today, it is one of only three remaining all-male liberal arts colleges in the country, and has a student body of around 900. In 1880, prominent local citizen Lew Wallace produced Crawfordsville's most famous literary work, Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ, a historical novel dealing with the beginnings of Christianity in the Mediterranean world.We serve as the administrative arm of the local coordinating council to address substance abuse issues in Montgomery County.This includes administering the LCC mini-grant process which provides funding for organizations that are working to reduce the substance abuse problem in Montgomery County.This program provides community education and information about Child Abuse prevention.
We do this through personal safety classes for elementary students in our county.
The others properties are currently used as a law office (Otto Schlemmer Building), senior apartments and recreation center (Crawfordsville High School), a private residence (Mc Clelland-Layne House), the headquarters of the local Daughters of the American Revolution chapter (Col. Elston House), and a former hospital renovated for senior apartments Culver Union Hospital.
In 1813, Williamson Dunn, Henry Ristine, and Major Ambrose Whitlock noted that the site of present-day Crawfordsville was ideal for settlement, surrounded by deciduous forest and potentially arable land, with water provided by a nearby creek, later named Sugar Creek.
Culver operated as a not-for-profit, municipally-owned facility for 80 years, was then sold to for-profit American Medical International, and in 1984 was relocated from its original location near downtown to a new campus north of the city. Clare Medical Center; in 2011, it was again renamed Franciscan St. The Carnegie Library was converted into a local museum and the public library has since moved across the street.
The hospital's ownership was transferred to Sisters of St. In 1911, Crawfordsville High School (motto: Enter to Learn, Go Forth to Serve) was founded, and promptly won the state's first high school basketball title.
The Nourish program was designed by representatives from key agencies in Montgomery County who are working to address the issue of food insecurity for children and families.